Women’s Visitation Policy (March 14, 2020)
Dear Patients and Families,
To protect you and your family from COVID-19 and other illnesses, Inova Women’s Services has modified our visitation policy, effective immediately. These measures follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Limitations for visitors to Inova’s Labor and Delivery Units, Post-Partum Units, High- Risk Perinatal Unit, and OB Triage/Obstetrical Emergency Departments:
- Only one dedicated significant other/support; we welcome him/her to stay with the patient during the patient’s hospital stay.
- This significant other/support person must be at least 18 years of age
- Additional visitors will not be allowed at this time.
Any significant other/support person who is sick, has traveled to a high-risk area, or has been in direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 must stay home:
- If you have a fever or cough, please stay home at least 24 hours after the fever is gone without the use of anti-fever medication.
- If you have recently returned from a CDC designated high-risk area, have recently been on a cruise, or have come in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, please talk to the patient’s nurse prior to visiting.
• If you come in contact with anyone who is sick, please let your nurse or doctor know, so we can determine if there are any additional precautions that might be recommended for you or others.