Archives for March 2020
The safety and health of our patients are our number one priorities. During this unprecedented time in our lives, you can count on us to continue to provide you with your obstetrical and gynecological needs.
We are STILL OFFERING VIRTUAL VISITS. In order to determine if your appointment meets the criteria and guidelines for having a Virtual Visit with us, please call our office at 703-698-8060.
Please note that not all visits will qualify as a Virtual Visit because not all insurance plans cover virtual visits. We will do our best to make sure your health care needs are addressed most appropriately.
EFFECTIVE MARCH 21, 2020 AT 8PM
After reviewing recommendations by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) on COVID-19, Inova’s Surgical Service Line leadership has made the difficult decision to begin reviewing our capacity for elective, non-urgent surgeries and procedures. Beginning Thursday, March 19, we will begin scaling back our elective, non-urgent surgeries and procedures while providing options for flexibility to accommodate patient needs.
- Elective and non-urgent cases will be postponed for two weeks at a time and are subject to additional delays pending staffing, supplies and demand.
- Inova OR schedulers will begin notifying patients that their cases are being rescheduled and advise next steps
This only applies to ELECTIVE GYNECOLOGIC surgeries and procedures. There are NO CHANGES TO OBSTETRICAL CARE and services.
From CWC Division 43:
We continue to follow CDC recommendations and our priority is patient/public health safety. As information and recommendations are changing on a daily basis, we will do our best to provide you with updates on our website and phone messaging system. Please practice social distancing and stay updated with latest information on the CDC’s website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Women’s Visitation Policy (March 14, 2020)
Dear Patients and Families,
To protect you and your family from COVID-19 and other illnesses, Inova Women’s Services has modified our visitation policy, effective immediately. These measures follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Limitations for visitors to Inova’s Labor and Delivery Units, Post-Partum Units, High- Risk Perinatal Unit, and OB Triage/Obstetrical Emergency Departments:
- Only one dedicated significant other/support; we welcome him/her to stay with the patient during the patient’s hospital stay.
- This significant other/support person must be at least 18 years of age
- Additional visitors will not be allowed at this time.
Any significant other/support person who is sick, has traveled to a high-risk area, or has been in direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 must stay home:
- If you have a fever or cough, please stay home at least 24 hours after the fever is gone without the use of anti-fever medication.
- If you have recently returned from a CDC designated high-risk area, have recently been on a cruise, or have come in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, please talk to the patient’s nurse prior to visiting.
• If you come in contact with anyone who is sick, please let your nurse or doctor know, so we can determine if there are any additional precautions that might be recommended for you or others.
(Inova Hospital Visitor Restrictions as of March 14th, 2020 at 7:00am)
VISITOR RESTRICTION GUIDELINES: Women’s Services
As the situation related to the spread of Covid-19 continues to change, Inova Health System is committed to keeping team members, patients and the broader community safe.
Beginning March 14th, 2020 at 7:00am, Inova Health System will implement enhanced visitor restrictions for the Women’s areas.
- Support person has 24/7 visitation on FCC and L&D, must be consistent person
- Visitation is limited to one support person for duration of hospitalization
- No children, including siblings are allowed to visit
- Doulas are permitted
For High Risk Perinatal patients, children visitation will be on a case by case basis.
Thank you for your support in maintaining our mission to provide safe patient care.
*From Inova’s website:
To protect the health and safety of our patients, their families and staff from the spread of COVID-19, Inova has enacted the following changes to our visitation policy, effective Thursday, March 12, 2020, at 10 a.m.:
Visiting hours are restricted to two times per day: 10 a.m. to noon, and 6 to 8 p.m.
Visitation is limited to two visitors per patient at any given time.
Visitors under the age of 18 are strongly discouraged from entering our facilities.
Visitors entering an Inova facility will undergo a verbal screening. Individuals answering “yes” to any screening questions will be asked to delay their visit until they are well.
Visitation will not be allowed for suspected or confirmed patients with COVID-19 or those with active respiratory illness.
Support person (eg, father, significant other etc) has 24/7 visitation on Family Centered Care unit and Labor & Delivery
*Please remember hospital policies are constantly changing and we will do our best to keep you up to date. Please visit Inova Fairfax Hospital’s website for the most current information.
Please visit the CDC website for the latest updates and recommendations on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). We obtain our information here as well.
PLEASE USE THE SAME PRECAUTIONS AS YOU WOULD/SHOULD FOR THE FLU.
If you have a fever or respiratory illness symptoms (cough, runny nose, shortness of breath etc.), we advise patients to NOT come to the office. This is the same guidance we give to patients every year during the flu season too. This advice is to prevent the spread of all potential illnesses. Our staff can easily reschedule any upcoming appointments for you.
Capital Women’s Care, Division 43 has launched a new mobile responsive website, cwcare43.com. What does mobile responsive mean? Responsive design provides an optimal viewing experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from mobile phones to desktop computer monitors). Thank you DatAchieve Digital!
If you have questions about Capital Women’s Care services, that are not answered on this site we invite you to contact us at (703) 698-8060. To stay even more current, sign up for email updates.